Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Feeling the Shift

Tuesday, chilly, enjoying the fall weather/apples/fireplaces/cocoa

Last night, I felt the shift occur. The big huge mental shift from "yippee, being pregnant, growing a baby" to a sudden, almost shocking panicked realization of "OMG! I have only a few weeks left!!!"

It happened as I was enjoying a relaxing bath, thinking about what's coming up, holidays, festivals, and paydays, the midwife's home visit...good stuff, ya know? Floaty, chill, musings. A small jolt at realizing that car insurance is due next month on the 19th, and that's only in 2.5 weeks and then HOLY CRAP! I'm due 2.5 weeks after that! Instant electric shock to the psyche. Everything went from relaxed to panic in a nanosecond.

Today has been incredibly different from every other day in this pregnancy. All thoughts that have floated across my brain have been prefaced with "how close is this to 5 weeks from now?" Or random thoughts about the 6 week bleeding after (and the ban on sex) and that I have less than that to go.

I'm going to have a newborn.
I need to get everything together.
The crib is still in the garage.
Why the hell is the midwife's number not on a sticky note?
The LIST of stuff to get together! GAH!

Here I've been, chillin', drinking cocoa and cross-stitching and out of nowhere nesting came and hit my ass off of the couch with a broom. The time has come. The time is now. Thanks, Marvin K. Mooney, I got the hint.

Better go check the date on that infant car seat, like I've been saying I'm gonna do.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, time flies by! But you'll get it all done in no time.

    ReplyDelete